I started off making an acoustic style bridge. First I cut the slot, by mounting a dremel router bit into my drill press, with two fences to guide the piece through. It took me two goes to get it right.
I ran it through the table saw, with the blade tipped at 30 degrees, to chamfer the sides.
After testing it on the 1:1 drawing I decided it was too long so trimmed each end. I sanded it to 220 grit and then dropped it in the jar of brown aniline dye solution.
I cut out the neck template. I’m going to use a separate template for the headstock, but cannot finalise the shape of that until the tuners arrive and I can work out the smallest, most compact shape possible.
I then cut two different versions of a body template. I prefer the one on the left so the other will get scrapped.
I used the template to draw an outline onto the blody blank and trim it to shape. Here is what I’ve got so far.
Here you can see the scarf joint on the headstock, and the 12″ measure at the bottom gives you an idea of just how small this thing will be.