I started out today with the realisation that I didn’t like the body shape which I’d made a template for yesterday. So I started with making a new template.
I then roughly cut the blank to shape
Planed it to 41mm thick.
Attached the template with double side tape and routed round until the body was trimmed to shape.
I rounded over the back edge.
Made a template for the neck heel and routed the pocket in the body to a depth of 18mm.
To assist with the body carve I routed in steps in 1.5mm increments.
And then sanded them smooth.
Tomorrow I’ll order the bridge and pickup and while I wait for those to arrive I’ll rout out the control cavity and keep going on sanding the body into a smooth organic shape. Delighted with progress so far but I’m absolutely knackered now. Time for a shower and off to the pub to recuperate.