Making a headstock decal

There was a problem with the neck pickup of the left-handed Telecaster I built a couple of weeks ago so Rob dropped it off with me a couple of days ago. The eBay vendor was most helpful and the pickup is on the way back for replacement. While I’m waiting for the new part I took the opportunity to add a headstock decal.

I did this by printing the reversed design on to laserprint waterslide paper and then colouring in the letters with a liquid gold pen.

Once the ink was totally dry I soaked it in a saucer of warm water and applied it to the headstock. After letting it dry I shot it with a couple of coats of clear nitro-cellulose lacquer and it is done.

I’m really happy with the result. I hope Rob will be too.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s