Despite only getting a couple of hours on “Project RockMangle” I made decent progress today. I finished the routing of the final two steps of the top carve and then got busy with the sandpaper. This is going to be a looooong part of the job, although I may cheat and head down to B&Q tomorrow morning and buy myself a random orbital sander.
This first picture shows the state of play after the completion of the step routing and a couple of minutes of sanding.
This view gives a good idea of the shape and depth of the carve.
And this final one shows how far I managed to get before it got too dark to work outside. Taking shape nicely, even if I do say so myself.